There’s nothing worse than the feeling of bugs crawling on your skin. And when those bugs are bed bugs, it can be downright intolerable. Bed bug infestations are on the rise in the United States, and these pests are not only annoying but they can also cause health problems. That’s why it’s important to find a good bed bug spray that will kill them quickly and effectively.
So, what are the best bed bug sprays on the market? We’ve researched to find out. Read on for our top 5 picks.
Table could not be displayed.
Best Bed Bug Spray To Consider
When dealing with bed bugs, you want to ensure you have a powerful and effective solution. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 5 best bed bug spray killers on the market today.
Each of these products has been specifically designed to kill bed bugs, so you can rest assured that your infestation will be taken care of quickly and effectively.
1. Bedlam Plus Bed Bug
This product is a great option for those looking for a powerful and effective bed bug spray. It contains imiprothrin and cyfluthrin, which are two powerful insecticides that will quickly kill any bed bugs that encounter them. It also features a quick-acting formula that will start working within seconds so that you can eliminate your bed bug problem as quickly as possible.
Bedlam Plus is a great option if you’re looking for a bed bug spray that will kill them and their eggs quickly.
- This water-based product won’t stain surfaces and has a two-week residual, meaning the bed bugs will be gone for good.
- It’s also been proven to reduce egg hatch in susceptible and some resistant strains of bedbugs.
- You can use it on mattresses, wood furniture, and carpeting, making it a versatile option for getting rid of these pests.
- Long-lasting formula that keeps working even after you spray it on,
- Effective against other insects like cockroaches and ants.
- The insecticides won’t harm your home and pets
- Some people have found that it can be a bit harsh on the skin, so it’s important to test it on a small area first.
- A bit costly option for the user.
2. Proof Bed Bug & Dust Mite Killer
When looking for a bed bug spray, you want to find one that is effective and safe. This bed bug spray is designed to kill both bed bugs and dust mites, making it a great choice for those dealing with both infestations.
- It contains two powerful insecticides, permethrin, and pyrethrin, which will quickly kill any bed bugs or dust mites that meet them.
- It also has a quick-acting formula that will work within minutes to get rid of your problem quickly.
- Made with natural ingredients and is proven to kill bed bugs and dust mites
- Safe to use around children and pets
- A bit more expensive than some of the other options on the market
3. Ortho Home Defense
Ortho Home Defense is one of the market’s most popular and easy bed bug spray. It’s highly effective at killing bed bugs and their eggs, and it has a long-lasting formula that will keep them away for up to two weeks.
However, it’s important to note that it is a pesticide, so it should be used with caution around children and pets. It contains bifenthrin, a powerful insecticide that will kill any bed bugs that come into contact with it.
It also features a residual formula that will continue to work for up to 16 weeks, so you can be sure that your infestation will be taken care of in the long term.
- Good choice if you’re looking for an environmentally friendly option
- Made with natural ingredients, so it’s safe to use around children and pets
- Effective at killing bed bugs and their eggs.
- Non-staining and odor-free formula
- May not be effective against all bed bug strains
- Some people may experience allergic reactions to the spray
- It has a shorter-lasting formula than other sprays, so you may need to reapply it more frequently.
4. Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider
This bed bug spray is made from natural ingredients, so it’s a great choice for those looking for an environmentally friendly solution.
It contains two powerful insecticides, Beauveria bassiana, and Spinosad, which will quickly kill any bed bugs that come into contact with them. It also has a quick-acting formula that will work within minutes to quickly eliminate your problem.
- EcoRaider is made from natural ingredients.
- It is safe to use around children and pets.
- It is not as effective at killing eggs as it is at killing adult bed bugs.
- If you have a severe infestation of bed bugs, you may need to use another treatment method in addition to EcoRaider.
5. FenvaStar EcoCap
FenvaStar EcoCap is one of the market’s most effective bed bug sprays. It is a professional-grade product designed to kill bed bugs quickly and efficiently. It’s also affordable, making it a great value for your money.
- The biggest advantage is its ability to kill bed bugs quickly.
- It is due to the powerful formulation of the product, which includes several different active ingredients that work together to kill bedbugs fast.
- In addition to killing bed bugs quickly, it is also very effective at preventing them from returning.
- The product contains a residual effect that will keep working long after the initial application, making it a great choice for those who want to keep their home free of bedbugs.
- Kills bedbugs quickly
- The residual effect of preventing them from coming back
- Very affordable
- Not effective against all bed bug species.
- Additionally, the product is not safe to use around children or pets.
- If you have children or pets in your home, you will need to find another bed bug spray that is safe to use around them.
Regardless of which bed bug spray you choose, follow the instructions and apply it liberally to all areas where bed bugs are present.
Also Read: Best Squirrel Poison To Buy
|Image||Best Bed Bug Spray Killers||Average Customer Reviews||Link
|Bedlam Plus Bed Bug||4.5/5||Amazon
|Proof Bed Bug & Dust Mite Killer||3.9/5||Amazon
|Ortho Home Defense||4.4/5||Amazon
|Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider||4.2/5||Amazon
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small, flat, parasitic insects that feed solely on the blood of people and animals while they sleep. Bed bugs are reddish-brown, wingless, range from 1mm to 7mm in size, and can live several months without a blood meal.
Bed bug infestations have different stages: eggs, nymphs, and adults. The bed bug eggs are sticky and hard to see; they are usually found on surfaces near where adults hide. Nymphs are small bed bugs that haven’t yet reached adulthood; they can be difficult to spot because they often hide in cracks and crevices. Adults are larger (about the size of an apple seed), more visible, and easier to spot.
They are not known to transmit diseases, but their bites can be painful and cause swelling and itching that can last several days. If you think you have a bed bug infestation, it’s important to contact a professional pest control company for assistance or use insecticidal sprays.
The best way to prevent bed bugs is to practice good hygiene and cleanliness. Vacuum regularly, wash your bedding in hot water, and don’t let clutter build up in your home.
Does Spraying for Bed Bugs Work?
Yes, spraying for bed bugs is an effective way to kill the pests. However, bed bugs are notoriously difficult to eliminate, so it’s important to be patient and consistent with your treatment regimen. You may need to try a few different products before finding one that works for you.
There are many different bed bug sprays on the market, so it’s important to read the label carefully and choose one specifically designed to kill bed bugs. Some products will only repel the pests, while others will only kill adult bed bugs. Many products will do both.
Spraying bed bugs is just one step in eliminating them from your home. You’ll also need to vacuum regularly, wash your bedding in hot water, and seal any cracks or crevices where the pests could hide. With a little time and effort, you can get rid of bed bugs.
What is the Main Cause of Bed Bugs?
There are many reasons why bed bugs have become such a problem in recent years.
- One of the most common ways bed bugs are introduced into homes is using furniture or mattresses. When these items are brought into a home, they can bring any bedbugs that were living on them.
- Bedbugs are also often brought into homes on clothing or luggage after staying in a hotel with them. They can be in bed frames or mattress encasements.
- Another common cause of bed bug infestations is through apartment complexes. If one unit in an apartment complex becomes infested with bedbugs, they can quickly spread to other units. Bedbugs can travel through cracks and crevices in walls and floors. They can also hitch a ride on clothing or other personal items taken from one unit to another.
Bed bugs are difficult to control once they are established in a home or business. The best way to prevent an infestation is to be aware of how they can be introduced into a building and to take steps to avoid these situations.
Also Read: 5 Best Pet Safe Ant Killers On The Market
How Do Bed Bug Sprays Work?
Bed bug sprays are one of the most commonly used treatments for bed bugs. They are typically made with chemicals that kill bed bugs on contact. Most bed bug sprays contain pyrethrin or pyrethroids, insecticides that have been used for decades to control various pests.
Pyrethrin and pyrethroids work by causing an imbalance in the nervous system of insects, resulting in paralysis and death. While these chemicals are effective at killing bed bugs, they can also be harmful to humans if not used properly. It is important to read the label carefully and follow the directions when using any type of pesticide.
Be sure to treat all areas where bed bugs are present and any cracks and crevices where they may be hiding. Pay close attention to tufts, folds, and seams of mattresses and box springs, along with the edges of carpeting. Bed bugs can also be found in furniture, so it is important to treat couches and chairs as well.
If you have a serious bed bug infestation, you may need to call a professional exterminator. They will likely use a combination of chemical treatments and heat to eradicate the bed bugs from your home.
Having looked at all of the different types of sprays available to kill bed bugs, it is clear that there are a few that stand out from the rest. When choosing a spray, it is important to consider what type of infestation you have and your personal preferences. Whichever spray you choose, follow the directions carefully to maximize its effectiveness.
We hope this list has helped you narrow your choices and find the best bed bug spray for your needs. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.